The Power of Service
Imagine, a young graduate dedicated to apply his/her skills and knowledge to working in their respective area of expertise outside his/her country for a period of one year. This translates to 2,160 hours of service to the community.
Imagine hundreds of young Africans dedicating their time and skills to their continent. Imagine the impact an army of youth volunteers can create within a foreseeable time.
AU-YVC devotes itself to producing a generation of African leaders, willing to serve their continent and its people, knowledgeable of African dynamics, and courageous to take charge and challenge themselves on a daring adventure of building themselves and their continent through service.
- Citizen of AU Member State or African Diaspora;
- Aged between 18 and 35 years;
- Have at least a post-secondary education certified training and qualifications, from the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree
- Available to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work;
- Willing to live and work in another AU Member State;
- Be proficient in at least one official AU language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese);
- Have at least one year verifiable experience as a volunteer and or one year of professional work experience
The Ideal Candidate
- Is change driven and has passion for Africa’s development;
- Embraces Pan-Africanist ideals of solidarity, peace and unity in diversity;
- Self-motivated and has interest in volunteer work;
- Appreciates and respects other languages, cultures, religious and social norms;
- Has great deal of leadership skills and can guide others;
- Remains productive under pressure and in challenging environments;
- Has a great deal of social networking skills;